08 July 2008

Israel Team - on the way home

Got this one overnight...

Thank you so much for praying for us, for the conference, and the outreaches. Your prayers sustained us throughout and broke through many barriers. Last night we had our closing ceremony/celebration on a mountain top just across from the Mount of Olives, overlooking all of Jerusalem.

Imagine if you will, a few hundred people of differing dialects all praising Jesus together...where He once walked. At one point I stood in the back and turned and saw the Dome of the Rock shining in the night. I was overcome by the thought that Jesus will one day be right there, what is represented there now will be no more. Wow!

I am rejoicing knowing that I have a relationship with the One who created us, rejoicing over the many who came to know Him through the series of outreaches, rejoicing in the life-change that has been experienced by participants in this conference, and yet my heart is grieving. As I looked out from that mountain top, the thought of all the people here who are blinded by the false religions and all the people around the world who are bound by the evil one, my heart became very heavy. I am burdened to pray for these lost souls, I am burdened to pray for the laborers who are diligently sharing the Good News, and I am burdened to pray for more laborers for the harvest.

Will you join me in these prayers?

Our time here has come to an end. We have made many new friends and we have been blessed in abundance. At 11:30 tonight we are slated to take off...please pray for our arrangements to get to the airport (traveling arrangements have been challenging to say the least), that we would get through customs quickly, for safe travels for all, that Dan and I could get on a standby flight with the rest of the team (our flight is to leave Atlanta 2 hours later than the rest), and for quick adjustments to the time change and being back in the good ole USA.

We are so looking forward to being home with our friends and families.

Thanks again for going to battle for us in prayer...much has been accomplished as a result!

No comments: