25 February 2011

Photo Friday

In the past year, I have really discovered my deep love for photography. I think there has always been a spark down in there, but my hubbs really helped to ignite the fire when he got me my first big girl, dSLR camera for my birthday last year. It was such a surprise, and totally great to get something for my birthday that was pure fun, as I usually ask for more practical things. :)

I have the opportunity to do some photo shoots this past year, which have been so much fun! I am still learning the ins and outs of shooting in manual mode. I am especially excited about a day class that I am taking tomorrow with Locke Innovations.

I love creating things that make people happy...not in a people pleasing kind of way, though. But, in way that what I create can capture an essence of something that is dear to someone else....and that something is "fridge-worthy" or even "hang it up on the wall-worthy". Something that will make them smile when they take a glance.

All said, I am going to *try* to post just one picture each Friday. "Photo Friday". We shall see what comes out of this endeavor.




This photo is the first one I took with my new macro lens. You guessed it; it's Moses. I can't help but smile when he comes up close for a lick, even if his breath is so very rank. I saved up for this lens for a while, and am in love with it! I can't wait to take newborn pics for a good friend when her baby is done cookin'. :)

-J

No comments: