22 February 2011

Take Two

When we completed New Staff Training for Campus Crusade, they sent us off with two things to complete....finish raising our support and finish this New Testament Survey correspondence seminary course. During training, we actually took two courses - Intro to Theology & Bible Study Methods. Both classes were awesome, but this NT Survey was a little more intimidating. With raising support full-time, working our previous jobs full-time, and still holding some big ministry roles [and trying to figure out how to transition out of them]....we got a little lost in, what I still refer to as, the "go eat popcorn" books of the NT

*Side Fun*

I don't remember where the "go eat popcorn" saying originated. All that I remember, is my best friend growing up and I used it to keep the order straight of 4 books in the middle. Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians. Get it? Go Eat PopCorn. Galatians, Ephesians, Phillipians, Colossians. Don't laugh - it'll grow on you. :)

*Back to the Post*

So.....we got lost in the middle of this course and didn't finish. Looking back, perhaps we took on a little more than we could handle. Bottom line. We didn't finish.

Fast-forwarding to currently - with only 25% of our support left to come in, we realized that we better finish this course! Instead of starting from the middle where we stopped, we decided to start over from the beginning. Our first "class" was this week.

Re-starting this class is exciting to me because:
*I love to learn.
*Tony & I get to work through it together - things are always more fun with another!
*I've been able to do some good book studies on a few of the NT books over the past couple years, and I'm interested to see how doings those may shed more light on this course.
*How cool is it to take a class on the Bible - FOR YOUR JOB! Yay! I'm really looking forward to being taught by God through this class.

Re-starting this class gives me chills because:
*I don't want to not finish again.
*I am definitely not an auditory learner...and the lectures are non-video mp3s. Aye.
*What if, what if, what if...

All said, "Take Two" began this week. I look forward to sharing neat things I learn and what God teaches me through the coming weeks!
-J

No comments: