11 March 2011

Photo Friday: Now I Know My ABCs

When it's not raining or snowing these days, which has been very few days recently, Moses & I typically take a walk around the neighborhood. Even though he sometimes puts on the breaks and won't move, he likes it. He does. His tail usually keeps wagging. I'd like to think that he is not overly out of breath, but just taking in the scenery. :)

On our walks, I've recently began to see letters. [I don't care if you laugh; I can't hear you.] I know my brain doesn't usually think like most, but just look around the next time you are outside. I think you'll start to see them, too.

So, I've decided that on my walks, I am going to capture these letters. I'm not sure what kinds of words I am going to make out of them once I get a good alphabet going. If you would like any words, let me know, I can look for those letters first.




Here is my first letter, Mr. Y. [Does anyone remember The Letter People?]

-J

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember The Letter People!!! They were awesome! I also remember Pillow People or pals, haha. I like the picture! I'm thinking of getting more creative, so I am starting with my blog and am looking into doing more [abstract] painting and even some photography (not that I am any good at it). Jonelle, do you suggest a good inexpensive camera? I have a digital but it's nothing super extravagant.

Jonelle said...

Hey girl! For photography....so much is about composition of the picture rather than having a great camera. There's a website that I really like called 'digital photography school'. I keep their blog on my RSS reader. A lot of their tips are for the fancy SLR cameras, but there's a lot of stuff that can translate to any camera.

Here is some tips on composition:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-composition-tips

Here are some general tips:
http://www.digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-tips-for-beginners

Not to discourage you from a new camera - new things are fun. :) But, you mentioned that you didn't think you were good at it [yet!]. My advise to you, would be work on composition and basics like the 'rule of thirds', framing your shots, focal points, lines, etc...before you go buy a more extravagant camera. This stuff to work on is what's going to make your pictures more interesting. A fancy camera may make them clearer or crisper, but that doesn't mean anything if they're not appealing.

Make sense?

Jonelle said...

...and after you work through some of that learning stuff....let's totally talk about specs for cameras! :)